Introduction to AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyser
As an Emerson Automation Solutions ‘Approved Distribution Channel’ (ADC), we take pride in serving customers across the UK and Ireland, providing them with the exceptional power of the AMS 2140 and its comprehensive suite of accessories. Our partnership has stood the test of time, and we have spent countless years helping clients unlock the full potential of this remarkable technology.
The AMS 2140, formally known as the CSI 2140, stands out with its unrivalled ability to concurrently collect data from four channels in addition to phase data. Equipped with an exclusive peak detection feature, it empowers users to promptly and precisely pinpoint developing faults. Our mission is to streamline your diagnostic processes, ensuring you can rely on the precision and speed of the Emerson AMS 2140 for your critical assessments.
00:09 – Get started with a General overview
01:10 – Explore the F2 File Utility Option
01:42 – How do you select a File?
02:47 – Explore the F6 Units Option
03:19 – Review the F12 Frequency Units
03:55 – Understand Functionality in detail
05:28 – Explore the F6 Set Print Mode
06:14 – Review F3, Set Warning Level
06:36 – Discover the F4 Memory Utility
“The AMS 2140 stands up to the toughest of user challenges!” – Steven Whittle, VA CAT-II Engineer
What are the AMS 2140 technical specifications?
- Battery life that lasts beyond a full shift (10+ hours of continuous use)
- A bright touchscreen that auto-adjusts to every lighting environment so you can always read the screen
- Embedded Analysis Experts to help even novice users with sophisticated troubleshooting tests
- Simultaneous four channel plus phase monitoring and analysis
- Early bearing and gear wear detection with PeakVue technology
- Sleeve bearing analysis via dual orbit plots
- Simultaneous four-channel plus phase
- Fastest vibration analyzer on the market
- Ergonomically designed to make long days in the field easier
- Data collection, vibration analysis, balancing, and motor diagnostics in a single unit
- Monitor a broad range of machinery – from variable speed equipment, complex gearboxes, high speed compressors, and sleeve bearing turbo machinery
- Pre-configured Analysis Experts to easily test and diagnose your toughest issues
- Routine data and corrective maintenance jobs can be uploaded to AMS Suite: Machinery Health Manager software for additional analysis and reporting.
“We have successfully resolved problems much earlier by using the AMS 2140 Vibration Analyser. The Team at RMS are experts in Emerson’s range of monitoring equipment.” – Condition Monitoring Engineer
- Size: 8.8″ (248 mm) high, 1.57″ (40 mm) deep, 8.9″ (226 mm) wide
- Weight: 3.95 lbs (1.79 kg)
- LCD Display: 6″ x 4.5″ (151 x 115 mm) color TFT w/ LED backlight
- Resolution 640 x 480 pixels. Touchscreen – XY resistive
- Keypad: 12 tactile dome buttons with backlit keys, electroluminescent panel illumination
- Operating Temperature: -4° to 122° F (-20° to 50° C)
- Environmental Rating: Sealed enclosure, IP-65 rated
Data Storage Capacity
- Internal memory: 1 GB
- External memory: SD (Secure Digital). Virtually unlimited memory with off-the-shelf SDHC SD cards up to 32 GB
Designed for use in industrial environments, the AMS 2140 has received an IP 65 rating certifying that it is dust- and splash water-tight. It also complies with international safety standards for FM and CSA Class 1 Division 2 Groups (A,B,C,D) and ATEX and IECeX Zone 2 hazardous areas in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Which accessories are available for the AMS 2140?
Learn more with real-world educational videos
Overview of Portable Vibration Analysis
“We are here at a combined heat and power plant within the control room, and we’ve built a database to reflect the machines and assets out on plant itself, and we’re now going to build a route list of machines.”
Measuring Vibration on Turbo Machinery
“We are alongside one of the prime movers at the CHP plant, this is a 25 megawatt steam turbine and to my right we have a 45 megawatt gas turbine. Both turbines have online vibration protection which are monitoring the shaft movement of a shaft and a journal within a white metal lining.”
Diagnosing a bearing defect
“Today we’re on a chemical plant, behind me is the thermal oxidizer unit, it destroys air pollutants from the plant process and then clean air goes up the stack. In this video we’re going to collect some vibration readings from the combustion fan.”
How can PeakVue help identify machine health issues?
Three real-world PeakVue case studies, in collaboration with James Sylvester
FAQ: Emerson AMS 2140
What is the AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyser and how does it work?
The AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyser is a device used to monitor and analyse the condition of machinery, helping to detect potential problems and prevent equipment failure. It works by collecting data from sensors attached to the machinery and analysing the data to identify trends and anomalies.
What are the key features of the AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyser?
The AMS 2140 features a range of sensors, data collection options, and analysis tools to provide accurate and comprehensive data on machinery health. It also has a user-friendly interface, wireless communication capabilities, and a durable design for use in a range of environments.
How can the AMS 2140 help improve the reliability of my machinery?
By detecting potential issues early on and providing detailed information on machinery health, the AMS 2140 can help organisations implement effective maintenance strategies and prevent costly equipment failure.
Is the AMS 2140 suitable for use in a range of industries and applications?
Yes, the AMS 2140 is suitable for use in a wide range of industries and applications, including manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, and more.
What types of data can be collected and analysed using the AMS 2140?
The AMS 2140 can collect and analyse a variety of data, including vibration data, temperature readings, oil analysis data, and more.
Can AMS 2140 detect issues before they lead to equipment failure?
Yes, the AMS 2140 is designed to detect potential issues before they lead to equipment failure, helping organisations implement proactive maintenance strategies and avoid costly downtime.
How does the AMS 2140 help with predictive maintenance?
The AMS 2140 provides real-time data on machinery health, making it easier to plan and schedule maintenance activities and avoid unplanned downtime.
Is the AMS 2140 easy to navigate without extensive technical knowledge?
Yes, the AMS 2140 is designed with a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for those without extensive technical knowledge.
What is the battery life of the AMS 2140, and is it easily rechargeable?
The AMS 2140 has a long battery life, 10+ hours, and is easily rechargeable, making it suitable for use in the field and on the go.
How does the AMS 2140 compare to other analysers on the market?
The AMS 2140 is known for its high performance and accuracy, and while it may be more expensive than some other machinery health analysers on the market, it provides significant value in terms of data accuracy and the ability to prevent equipment failure.
Approved Distribution Channel
RMS are Emersons Approved Distribution Channel (ADC) for the UK and Ireland specialising in the AMS (previously known as CSI) brand of reliability equipment.
Last updated: 21st February 2024