AMS Wireless Vibration Monitor – Introduction
RMS are pleased to offer Emerson‘s range of Wireless Vibration solutions: “The AMS Wireless Vibration Monitor delivers full vibration data over a self-organizing wireless mesh network. It provides rich information about machinery health for both operations and maintenance personnel.”
00:00 – To install the AMS wireless vibration monitor
00:16 – Remove cover and battery before mounting
00:24 – Align the device with a small screwdriver
00:40 – Can the battery be changed in the field?
00:47 – Emerson Wireless 1410 Gateway
01:02 – How long does it take to get up and running?
01:13 – Bulk edit 1000’s of sensors in AMS Device Manager
01:23 – What happens if you lose Wireless connectivity?
01:30 – Troubleshooting using the AMS Trex device
01:41 – Receiving data to the dashboard, PC and Mobile
01:59 – Summary of the key AMS benefits
From Sensor to Gateway to Device
Gateway and Sensor technical specifications
Wireless 1410 Gateway
- Redundancy: No
- Power Supply: 10.5 – 30 VDC
- Housing Material: Polycarbonate
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 167°F (-40 to 75°C)
- Certifications/Approvals: FM Dvision 2, Non-incendive, CSA Division 2
AMS Wireless Vibration Monitor
- Sensor by Range and Frequency Response: Vibration Overall (Z): 80 g’s, 20,000 Hz; PeakVue Z – 80 g’s, sampling 51.2 kHz
Vibration Overall (X): 16g’s, 1000 Hz; Vibration Overall (Y): – 16 g’s, 1000 Hz Temperature -40°C to +85°C
- Analysis Parameters: 2 velocity bands (defaults 2-65 Hz and 65-300 Hz) and 2 acceleration bands (defaults 10-500 Hz and 500-1000 Hz)
- Prescriptive Analytics: Bearing/Mechanical and Lubrication Severity; Calculated Machine Speed (RPM)
- Waveform and Spectrum: Main axis (Z): User selectable FMax (200 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 5 kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz) User selectable FMin (2 Hz, 10 Hz); User selectable resolution (400, 800, 1600 LOR) Secondary Axes (X and Y): User selectable FMax (200 Hz, 500 Hz, and 1000 Hz)
- Diagnostic Thumbnail Spectra: Velocity and PeakVue based on 1600 LOR
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +85°C
- Operating Humidity: 95%, non-condensing
- Wireless Protocol: IEC 62591 WirelessHART®
- Broadcast Range: 100m Line of Sight
“We have successfully resolved problems much earlier by using the AMS Wireless Vibration monitor. The Team at RMS are experts in Emerson’s range of monitoring equipment.” – Condition Monitoring Engineer
Key Features – Gateway
- Small, compact size and DIN-Rail mount capability provide an ideal solution for limited cabinet space
- Engineered with 2 network capacity options (A: 25 devices / B: 100 devices) to meet diverse network demands
- Connects WirelessHART® self-organizing networks with host systems and data applications for security and flexibility
- Straightforward installation without configuration requirements allows devices to be added quickly and easily
- Gateway manages the network automatically to ensure that field devices have the most reliable path to send data
- Adaptable device connects to legacy host systems and provides Modbus® RTU/TCP, OPC and EtherNet/IP™ connectivity
- Layered security safeguards the network for dependable data protections
- WirelessHART® technology is secure, cost-effective and delivers >99% data reliability
- Easy, intuitive installation enables a quick method to automate without the cost of wiring
Key Features – Sensor
- Embedded prescriptive analytics deliver fast, accurate diagnostic information.
- Default settings provide the shortest path to actionable information. Experts can customize settings to fine tune results.
- Easy installation for fast deployment and ROI.
- Standard long-life battery means less maintenance and fewer trips to the field.
- Robust industrial design for hassle free operation
- Hazardous area ratings extend monitoring across the plant while keeping personnel safe.
- Fully compatible with existing WirelessHART networks and AMS 9420 Wireless Vibration Transmitter installations.
“Emerson’s wireless product range and RMS’s technical experience helped our team to mitigate a plant critical root cause, saving us a potential unplanned downtime. We look forward to continuing our long-term partnership with RMS.” – Maintenance Manager
Key Benefits – Gateway
- Gateway connects the WirelessHART® self-organizing networks with any host system
- Easy configuration and management of self-organizing networks
- Easy integration into control systems and data applications through serial and Ethernet connections
- Seamless integration into AMS® Device Manager
- Greater than 99% data reliability with industry proven security
- Smart Wireless capabilities extends the full benefits of PlantWeb® architecture to previously inaccessible locations
Key Benefits – Sensor
- 20KHz Fmax available for use on any asset application.
- Triaxial sensors for complete measurement of the bearing with a single sensor that also incorporates surface temperature reading.
- 1600 lines of resolution on every spectrum in all XYZ directions.
- Automatic running speed determination.
- Rugged industrial design and construction, including:
- z 316 Stainless Steel components for protection against environmental corrosion
- z IP66 protection against the elements
Helpful Video Resources
AMS Asset Monitor
Most plants are aware of the importance of condition monitoring for critical assets…but what about the remaining equipment? What about those balance of the plant items that still need of some level of monitoring but don’t justify the extra expense of online monitoring?
Innovation in Wireless Vibration
The last ten years have delivered many technology innovation that impacted us personally and professionally. Learn how Emerson kicks off the next ten years be redefining wireless vibration monitoring.
Demonstration of AMS Device View
AMS Device View is a new browser based interface that extends your AMS Device Manager system. With AMS Device View, you receive relevant diagnostic and calibration information in an intuitive accessible format.