The Asset Reliability Practitioner (ARP) Advocate course structure is modeled on the ISO 18436 standards with topics mapped to ISO 55000. The optional Certification Exam is provided by Mobius Institute Board of Certification, (MIBoC) which is ISO/IEC 17024 accredited. Students who meet the experience requirements, complete the course and pass the examination will become certified the highest recognised certification in Reliability available anywhere.
Day 1 – Plant-wide Awareness
The Asset Reliability Practitioner [ARP] Advocate “Plant-wide Awareness” is intended for everyone working within an organization who in any way influence the management, design, engineering, procurement, maintenance, or operation of an organization that involves critical rotating machinery and electrical equipment.
Whether your organization manufactures products (appliances, automobiles, etc.) or a commodity (mining, oil & gas, etc.); provides an essential service (e.g. water, sewage, power); relies on machinery/electrical equipment (facilities, shipping), or is involved with protecting their country, this course will provide a memorable explanation of how to improve reliability and performance.
No reliability improvement initiative can be successful unless everyone is on the same page. Everyone needs to pull in the same direction. Everyone needs to share the same understanding of the issues, benefits, and remedies. And everyone must be inspired to contribute, support activities intended to improve reliability and performance, and look for opportunities to make improvements. This is the way to create the “culture of reliability”.
The course achieves this goal by utilizing animations and animated simulations that make it understandable, memorable, and interesting. Delivered by passionate industry experts, this course, with the optional exam/certification, the course will make a difference to the future of your organization.
Asset Reliability Practitioner (ARP) Advocate
Understand Why Improvement Is Desired
- Understanding The Benefits
- Supporting The Program
- How Do We Make The Change?
Understand Why “Failure” Occurs
- Understanding “Failure”
Understand What We Can All Do About It
- The “Defect Elimination” Concept
- The “Asset Reliability Strategy”
- Work Management
- Spares Management
- Precision And Proactive Work
- Condition Monitoring
- Breaking Out Of Reactive Maintenance
- Continuous Improvement
Day 2 – Manager/Engineer Awareness
The Asset Reliability Practitioner [ARP] “Manager/Engineer Awareness” is intended for senior management, maintenance and operations/production management, engineers, junior reliability engineers, and condition monitoring professionals who need to understand the “big picture” of the reliability and performance improvement process.
Whether your organization manufactures products or a commodity; provides an essential service; relies on machinery/electrical equipment, or is involved with protecting their country, this course will provide a memorable explanation of how and why to improve reliability and performance.
This course seeks to achieve two goals:
1. Present the business case, and explain how it is possible to assess the benefits to your organization. You can take what you learn to justify a new program, expand your existing program, or to simply breathe new life into a stale program.
2. Demystify the concepts, terminology, and the process required to improve reliability and performance. All the keys issues will be covered, from defect elimination to the development of the asset strategy, from condition monitoring to operator driven reliability, from culture change to continuous improvement, and so much more.
This course will leave you with a clear vision of what the process is, how to justify the initiative, and all the key elements. You will learn what has worked for other organizations, and why so many programs have failed.
The course achieves these goals by utilizing animations and animated simulations that make it understandable, memorable, and interesting. Potentially complex concepts are easily explained with these proven tools. And to ensure your time is put to best use, you can watch any part of the course, or the entire course, online before you attend the live event. And you can watch it again soon afterwards to refresh your memory and improve your understanding.
- Assessing Your Benefits
- Culture Change
- Selling Senior Management
- Strategy [Plan/Mission/Vision/Team/Support]
- Understanding Failure
- Defect Elimination [Dfr/Procurement/Acceptance Testing/Operators/More]
- Asset Strategy [RTF/CBM/IBM, MAL, ACR, BOM/MOC, FMEA/RCM/PMO, RCA]
- Work Management
- Spares Management
- Precision And Proactive Work [Lubrication/Alignment/Balancing/Fastening]
- Condition Monitoring [CBM/VA/OA/UT/WPA/MCE/IR/More]
- Breaking Out Of Reactive Maintenance
- Continuous Improvement [KPIs/Benchmarking/Education]
Day 3 – Review & Examination
On the final day we review the past two days in preparation for the exam.
Our Public courses include:
- 3-day Training course
- Optional certification exam Mobius Institute
- Pre and Post course Web based access to Asset Reliability Practitioner Advocate Materials
- Online Pre and Post course tutorials
- Online Training manual
- Accredited Training Manuals (PRINTED approx. 400 pages)
- 2/3 course lunches every day + morning and afternoon drinks etc.
Eligibility & Exams
Student eligibility for certification
Note: It is possible to attend a course and sit the exam even if you don’t yet have the experience required, your certificate will only be issued once you can demonstrate the required experience.
Advocate: you’ll need 6 months or more experience. When completing the experience section on the online registration form please confirm you have sufficient experience. Note that when completing the official exam registration form you will be required to provide suitable evidence.
Engineer: you’ll need 18 months or more experience, a CAT I certificate is not required. When completing the experience section on the online registration form please confirm you have sufficient experience. Note that when completing the official exam registration form you will be required to provide suitable evidence.
Leader: you’ll need 36 months or more experience and have a valid CAT II certificate. When completing the experience section on the online registration form please confirm you have sufficient experience. Note that when completing the official exam registration form you will be required to provide suitable evidence.
Certification process & pricing:
Those who successfully pass the course assessments (70% or greater pass mark required), will be eligible to sit an accredited exam at the end of the course (or at a later date if preferred).
We offer certification that follows ISO and ASNT standards via Mobius Institute.
The MOBIUS certification exam price is £190 +VAT, including digital certificate.
Note: Mobius exam registration is completed by each student once they are logged into their Mobius online portal. This login also gives access to the online pre-study portal.
Pricing & Payment
Per student: £950
Mobius Exam: £190 (including digital certificate)
- For companies who have already purchased courses we offer Purchase Order as a payment method. Please add the PO number to the registration form and send the PO to wendy(at)rms-reliability.com
- For new companies we will send a Pro-forma invoice by email. Students will not be registered, or places allocated, until payment has been received.
- For credit card payments, add your card details to the Registration Form, or if you prefer, call the Accounts department on +44 (0)1206 791917. Please note that in accordance with UK law, there are no processing fees for using personal credit or debit cards. If you are paying with a Commercial credit or debit card the processing fee is currently 2.5%.
- Prices listed are exclusive of UK VAT, currently at 20%. This applies to all training courses conducted in the UK. Please contact the Training team on +44 (0)1206 791917 if you have any queries.
Stoke by Nayland Hotel
Keepers Lane, Leavenheath, Colchester,
Essex, CO6 4PZ
+44 (0)1206 262836
When making a reservation at the Stoke by Nayland hotel, mention the RMS training course you are attending and a discount will be applied
+44 (0)1206 791917
Public course registration:
- Complete the public registration form selecting the course and date students wish to attend – note that places on public courses are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis – to avoid disappointment please make your booking as early as possible. Onsite courses can also be booked via the Registration form.
- Once student registration and payment has been processed and places confirmed, students will receive an email with their login details to the Mobius Online Portal. Upon login, students complete all the required information, after which they can then access the online learning material and begin their pre-study.
- Regardless of which certification option are chosen, students will have access to the Mobius online learning software from the date of registration and for 6 months after the course, enabling both pre and post study.