The Asset Reliability Practitioner [ARP] Engineer course is intended for industrial reliability engineers charged with helping the organization improve reliability and performance, and for anyone else in the organization who desires to have an in-depth knowledge of the reliability and performance improvement process.
The reliability engineer has a critically important but challenging role. In most organizations there are almost infinite opportunities for improvement, but understanding what to change and how to change it is difficult. Analysis is not enough. Action must be taken or nothing will change. But a part of the challenge is that the reliability engineer may not have the authority to make changes; just recommend them. That issue is also addressed in this course.
The course covers the A-Z of reliability improvement. While it is not possible for you to be an expert planner/scheduler, or condition monitoring analyst, or lubrication engineer, you will gain a very solid knowledge in all these areas. You will know how to justify and prioritize your activities and take all the necessary steps to engineer a successful reliability and performance improvement initiative; and avoid the obstacles that have derailed so many programs in the past.
Your challenge will be made easier with the renowned Mobius Institute animations and animated simulations. Complex topics are so much easier to understand. And to ensure your time is put to best use, you can watch any part of the course, or the entire course, online before you attend the live event. And you can take it again soon afterwards to refresh your memory and improve your understanding.
Asset Reliability Practitioner (ARP) Engineer
- Strategy and Implementation
- People Management
- Defect Elimination
- Reliability Engineering
- Asset Strategy Development
- Work And Spares Management
- Precision Skills (Precision And Proactive Maintenance)
- Condition Monitoring
- Continuous Improvement
Engineer-x & Leader-x
A Unique Opportunity for Reliability & Performance Improvement Professionals
Under normal reliability certification circumstances, you can take some training and have some experience, and you will take an exam and rightfully so, you are recognized for the knowledge that you have. But that doesn’t prove anything to do with your Competence. A person can be Category I, II or III because they understand what to do, but that doesn’t mean that they have ‘done it’. So we have created x for eXperience. So Engineer-x is the ‘Proven Reliability Engineer’ and the Leader-x is the ‘Proven Reliability Program Leader’. So we will go through an audit process, an interview process, and a verification and validation process to find those individuals who have done it; they don’t just know about it, but they have done it.
We believe that this is a unique opportunity for people who have different levels of knowledge, and they should be recognized for that, but also the actual experience, they should be recognized for that. Recognition that you can do it and have done it.
Our Public courses include:
- No. of Days TBC,
- Optional certification exam Mobius Institute
- Pre and Post course Web based access to Asset Reliability Practitioner Engineer Materials
- Online Pre and Post course tutorials
- Online Training manual
- Accredited Training Manuals (PRINTED approx. 400 pages)
- 2/3 course lunches every day + morning and afternoon drinks etc.
Eligibility & Exams
Student eligibility for certification
Note: It is possible to attend a course and sit the exam even if you don’t yet have the experience required, your certificate will only be issued once you can demonstrate the required experience.
Advocate: you’ll need 6 months or more experience. When completing the experience section on the online registration form please confirm you have sufficient experience. Note that when completing the official exam registration form you will be required to provide suitable evidence.
Engineer: you’ll need 18 months or more experience, a CAT I certificate is not required. When completing the experience section on the online registration form please confirm you have sufficient experience. Note that when completing the official exam registration form you will be required to provide suitable evidence.
Leader: you’ll need 36 months or more experience and have a valid CAT II certificate. When completing the experience section on the online registration form please confirm you have sufficient experience. Note that when completing the official exam registration form you will be required to provide suitable evidence.
Certification process & pricing:
Those who successfully pass the course assessments (70% or greater pass mark required), will be eligible to sit an accredited exam at the end of the course (or at a later date if preferred).
We offer certification that follows ISO and ASNT standards via Mobius Institute.
The MOBIUS certification exam price is £TBC +VAT, including digital certificate.
Note: Mobius exam registration is completed by each student once they are logged into their Mobius online portal. This login also gives access to the online pre-study portal.
Pricing & Payment
Per student: £TBC
Mobius Exam: £TBC (including digital certificate)
- For companies who have already purchased courses we offer Purchase Order as a payment method. Please add the PO number to the registration form and send the PO to wendy(at)rms-reliability.com
- For new companies we will send a Pro-forma invoice by email. Students will not be registered, or places allocated, until payment has been received.
- For credit card payments, add your card details to the Registration Form, or if you prefer, call the Accounts department on +44 (0)1206 791917. Please note that in accordance with UK law, there are no processing fees for using personal credit or debit cards. If you are paying with a Commercial credit or debit card the processing fee is currently 2.5%.
- Prices listed are exclusive of UK VAT, currently at 20%. This applies to all training courses conducted in the UK. Please contact the Training team on +44 (0)1206 791917 if you have any queries.
Stoke by Nayland Hotel
Keepers Lane, Leavenheath, Colchester,
Essex, CO6 4PZ
+44 (0)1206 262836
When making a reservation at the Stoke by Nayland hotel, mention the RMS training course you are attending and a discount will be applied
+44 (0)1206 791917
Public course registration:
- Complete the public registration form selecting the course and date students wish to attend – note that places on public courses are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis – to avoid disappointment please make your booking as early as possible. Onsite courses can also be booked via the Registration form.
- Once student registration and payment has been processed and places confirmed, students will receive an email with their login details to the Mobius Online Portal. Upon login, students complete all the required information, after which they can then access the online learning material and begin their pre-study.
- Regardless of which certification option are chosen, students will have access to the Mobius online learning software from the date of registration and for 6 months after the course, enabling both pre and post study.