Introduction to CRYSOUND Acoustic Imager
The CRYSOUND Acoustic Imager is a state-of-the-art portable industrial acoustic imager designed to operate within the ultrasound frequency band. It employs a microphone array beamforming technology (with 128 MEMS) to capture sound source distribution data and simultaneously collects real-time video images using a high-definition camera.
Adept at detecting pressurised gas and vacuum leaks, especially in industrial environments where background noise can pose challenges. Additionally, when used in power systems, the imager excels at pinpointing the exact locations of partial discharges, ensuring timely maintenance and prevention of potential system failures.
“The CRYSOUND cameras stand up to the toughest of industrial challenges. In loud industrial settings, the focusing feature filters out ambient disturbances and noise, letting you concentrate on the immediate task.” – Tom Murphy, Senior Ultrasound Engineer
What are the CRYSOUND technical specifications?
- CRY2620 Base Kit and Pro Kit (64 MEMS)
- CRY2623 Base Kit and Pro Kit (128 MEMS)
- CRY2624 Superior ATEX version (128 MEMS with explosion-proof certification ATEX-II 3 G Ex ic IIC T5 Gc)
- Advanced beamforming technology with real-time HD video.
- User-friendly with intuitive settings and efficient operation.
- Detects gas leaks and identifies partial discharges.
- High frame rate, wide view, accurate detection.
- Durable design (IP54 rated) with explosion-proof certification.
- Ease of Use: Only two parameters (test frequency range and test dynamic range) need adjustment to begin detection.
- Functionality: Allows recording of test results with photos, audio, and video, which can be tagged directly within the imager.
- Efficiency: Features a high frame rate of 25 FPS and a wide 62° field of view.
- Interference Resistance: Uses advanced anti-interference algorithms and an integrated focus function.
- 128 MEMS versions come with a PRPD (Phase Resolved Partial Discharge) mapping function for early fault diagnosis of electrical systems.
- Intelligence: Detects gas leaks from a distance and estimates leak volume in real-time.
- Durability: Constructed from a robust aluminum alloy shell.
- Accuracy: Offers high leak detection rates and automatic distance calculation during leak detection.
- Specifications: Detailed acoustic, display, storage, software, power, interface, operating environment, and general specifications are provided.
- Supported Languages: English, French, Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
“We have successfully resolved problems much earlier by using the CRYSOUND Acoustic Imager. The Team at RMS are experts in SDT’s range of Ultrasound equipment.” – Condition Monitoring Engineer
- Operating environment -20°C- +50°
- 10%-95% no condensation
- Storage temperature -20°C-+60°
- Charging temperature 10°C-+45°C
Data Storage Capacity
- Internal storage About 8G
- External storage TF memory card, at least 64G,
- expandable to 256G
- Data storage format .jpg (Picture),.mp4 (Video)
- and .wav(Recording)
- Video length 5 minutes
- Digital export TF Card
- The CRY2624 is certified with an explosion-proof level II 3G Ex ic IIC T5 Gc rating.
- Ideal for sites using hazardous flammable gases and areas with strict explosion protection requirements.
- Microphone array 64 or 128 MEMS
- Effective test bandwidth 2kHz-40kHz
- Dynamic range 2dB-12dB user adjustable
- Test sound pressure level range 28-120dBA
- Camera FOV 62°
- Camera focal length 3.04mm fixed focal length
- Camera pixel 8 Megapixels
- Battery capacity [email protected], rechargeable
- Battery life 4-6 hours operation time
- Size: 272mm x 174mm x 42mm
- Display size 7 inch
- Weight: 1.7 kg
- Capacitive touch screen
- Resolution 1024×600 (614,400 pixels)
- Standard palettes 3: Grayscale, lronbow, Blue-Red
Three CRYSOUND models
Learn more with real-world educational videos
Gas Leak Inspection
“Based on advanced acoustic imaging technology, the CRYSOUND acoustic imager provides a new way to detect gas leaks. The intelligent warning can be conducted based on historical data, providing early warning of gas leaks.”
Ultrasound CAT-I Certification
Ultrasound Book Offer
FAQ: CRYSOUND Acoustic Imager
What is the CRYSOUND Acoustic Imaging Camera primarily used for?
Airborne Ultrasound applications.
How does the CRYSOUND camera differentiate itself from other acoustic imagers?
It combines advanced beamforming technology with real-time HD video capture for precise detection.
Can the CRYSOUND camera be used in hazardous environments?
Yes, the CRY2624 variant is ATEX certified to the standard of level II 3G Ex ic IIC T5 Gc rating.
What is the frame rate of the CRYSOUND camera?
It boasts a high frame rate of 25 FPS.
What’s the significance of the PRPD (Phase Resolved Partial Discharge) mapping function?
It allows the user to confirm the type of defect they are listening to.
How durable is the CRYSOUND camera?
It’s made with an aluminum shell, not plastic, ensuring longevity and durability.
Does the camera come with any software for data analysis?
Yes, SDT Ultrasound Solutions HQ offers the LEAKReporter Software for efficient factory inspections and data analysis.
Can I get support or training for the CRYSOUND camera?
Calibration and repairs are carried out in Belgium by SDT Ultrasound Solutions HQ. RMS provides comprehensive support, user and application training, for all SDT Ultrasound products, including for the CRYSOUND camera range.
Approved Distribution Channel
RMS are SDT Ultrasound Solutions HQ’s Approved Distribution Channel for the UK and Ireland specialising in the whole range of Ultrasound solutions.
Last updated: 6th December 2023