The Infrared thermography service is available to a wide range of industries and has numerous applications. Infrared thermography as a predictive maintenance inspection technique is a widely-recognized and effective non-destructive (NDT) testing tool used often to check electrical and mechanical systems, buildings, roofs and facilities. IR is also used to improve manufacturing processes and is utilized in R&D applications.
A thermal image (thermogram) is a digital representation of a scene and a measure of the thermal radiation emitted by the pictured objects. Thermal images are captured via thermographic cameras, which are devices capable of sensing this radiation in the form of infrared light. RMS only uses high resolution FLIR Cameras for our survey work.
Typical applications include:
- Electrical Surveys – Electrical panels, distribution boards, transformers, HV switch gear etc
- Mechanical Surveys – Motors, fans, pumps, gearboxes conveyors etc
- Refractory – Boilers, incinerators, thermal oxidisers, freezers
- Process – Production processes
- Buildings – Heat loss, water leaks etc
RMS Infrared Thermography service engineers have at least 20 years experience in this field. All surveys are carried out to the highest safety standards under a Permit to Work with detailed Risk and Method statements.
Have you subscribed to our YouTube channel?