Introduction to Modal Amplified™
Camera-based Modal Test and Analysis Solution
RDI Technologies Modal Amplified™ is a camera-based Modal Test and Analysis solution that enables a new shift from the time-consuming sensor mapping, placement, fixation, and animated modeling of typical Modal Testing to instant capture, visualisation, and analysis on real-life structures.
The Modal Amplified™ key highlights include:
- Simultaneous measurement of force input and response directly from camera
- Immediate visualization of resulting mode shapes
- Ability to place unlimited number of sensors through virtual regions of interest
- Modal results in minutes – hundreds of sensors measured across the structure
- Easy setup in minutes, instead of hours or days for traditional Modal Testing
- Portable and can be moved for multiple views
- Instant visualization of the actual real-life structure
- Improves data capture, workflow, and cost for Modal solution users
Modal Amplified™ in 30 Seconds!
The first impact, without Modal Amplified enabled. The second impact, with it enabled!
“Review the 12 minute case study below!”
Key Benefits of Modal Amplified™
- Get To Your Data Faster: Go from hours and days of set-up and testing and verifying sensors to setting up and acquiring data in just minutes. From design to prototyping, certification or qualification, get to your data faster. Capture, visualize, and analysis in minutes.
- Real-World vs Model: Modal Amplified™ enables the shift from time-consuming animated modeling that shows what a structure theoretically could look like through Modal Testing, to visualizing the actual real-life structure with camera-based technology. Collect data on objects too small or out of reach of physical accelerometers. Easily capture large structures in field or in lab without needing sensors..
- Capture, Analyze in One Platform: From capture to visualization and analysis, it’s all in one platform. Automatically calculate mode shape measurements, filter video by vibration frequencies, instantly capturing mode shapes, natural frequency, associated dampening and movement the human eye and sensors cannot detect, all within the software.
- Measure Simultaneously: Modal Amplified™ leverages simultaneous measurement of the force input with the response measured directly from the camera. Users can immediately visualize resulting modes shapes, while placing an unlimited number of sensors across the structure through virtual regions of interests.
Modal Amplified™ in 12 Minutes, plus 10 Minutes for Setup!
“It took around ten minutes to setup the MA kit – 12 minutes later, I had this recording. The time saving is truly Amazing!”.
Test on Large or Small Components
Collect data on objects too small or out of reach of physical sensors; captures real-life aftermarket structure, eliminating need to capture non-OEM parts.
Eliminate the Need to Recapture Data
Video capturing eliminates wasting time by recording unnecessary data sets, or too few data points that result in a poor representation of the structure.
Automated Frequency Filtering
Capture 2.5 million data points on the entire structure, then automatically amplify and filter video to the vibration frequencies of interest, reducing the need for time-consuming calculations.
The test subject is never altered or destroyed. No surface prep is required.
Why use Motion Amplification® for Modal Testing?
Unlimited sensors through virtual regions
Simultaneous measurement of force input and response directly from camera. Framing the camera on the subject instantly creates a real test model.
Video case-examples coming soon!
Techniques and tests:
- Experimental Modal Analysis
- Vibration Control Testing
- Operating Deflection Shapes
- Single Input, Multiple Output
- Operational Modal Analysis
- Ground Vibration Testing
“We have successfully used Modal Amplified™ to capture, visualise and analyse all in one platform. The instant visualisation of the actual real-life structure is amazing!” – Senior Engineer, Petrochemical
Which features are available with Modal Amplified™?
|STABILITY Plots show where mode shapes are stable in frequency and damping.||DATA EXPORT Export waveform, spectrum, coherence, FRF, and phase to UFF file.||COHERENCE MAP Shows colorized image overlays of coherence data.|
|VIDEO ANNOTATIONS Add text, shape, annotations, and company logo overlays with export to video.||AUTOMATED FREQUENCY FILTERING Automatically determine frequencies of interest from calculated mode shapes.||MEASUREMENT TYPES Virtual sensors measurements include waveform, spectrum, coherence, FRF, phase, and force input.|
What are the Modal Amplified™ specifications?
|PLAYBACK/EXPORT FEATURE 4x original framerate to 1 fps||FREQUENCY RANGE Up to 5,400 CPM @ 180 fps Maximum: 39,000 CPM at 1,300 fps with reduced resolution||MOTION AMPLIFICATION® FACTOR 1-500x|
|DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM Sound and Vibration Module: AC/DC Coupling, 3 Input Channel, 24 bit, +/- 30V, 12.8 kSPS, BNC IEPE Digital I/O Module: 4 I/O, 50 ns, LV TTL, BNC *Voltage Output Module, C Series, 51.2 kSPS, 24 bit, 2 Output, BNC (Optional add on)||MINIMUM DISPLACEMENT XY-axis: <0.01 mils (0.25 μm) at 3.3 ft (1m) with 50mm lens, 0.005 mils (0.125 μm) at close focus *Z-axis: 0.6 mils at 3.3 ft (1m) with 50mm lens (Optional add on configuration)||SAMPLE RATE 180 fps in HD, up to 1,300 fps at reduced resolution + 1,400 fps in HD, up to 3,200 fps at reduced resolution|
Modal Amplified™ Webinars
Introduction from RDI Technologies founder and CEO, Jeff Hay with guest Luca Del Nero. The Webinar covers Modal Amplified in depth and includes examples of the technology in use. (52 minutes)
Motion Amplification® Resonance Case Studies
Case 1 – Vertical Water Pump Running in a Resonant Condition
A combination of the use of variable speed drives and swapping out old heavy cast motors for lightweight energy efficient ones which change the system natural frequency is a common problem. Some significant stiffing is required on this one to move the natural frequency away from the operating speed range of the pump.
This video shows how Motion Amplification technology can be used for resonance bump testing of components.
Case 2 – Resonance Bump Testing of Components
Case 3 – Transient and Bump Test Readings
Baselining a print machine, using traditional Vibration Analysis. Then Utilizing the IRIS M camera to visualize the problem. Followed up with Transient and bump test readings.
There are no reviews yet.