RDI’s patented Motion Amplification Camera Iris M™ technology measures deflection, displacement, movement and vibration not visible to the human eye. We utilize video camera technology in conjunction with our software and processing algorithms to extract meaningful data. This technology turns every pixel in the camera’s view into a sensor capable of measuring vibration or motion with high levels of accuracy.
“We have successfully found problems that we would not have known about by using the Motion Amplification kit (Iris M).” – Asset Condition Engineer, Transport for London
The results lend themselves to a visualization of the movement. We can measure and quantify any structural assets that a camera can see. Motion Amplification™ is a proprietary video processing algorithm that detects subtle movement then converts that movement to a level visible to the naked eye which enhances the understanding of the components and interrelationships creating the motion.
NEW: Iris M™ Add-Ons
RDI Technologies have released two new products available as add-ons to the Iris collection: the Iris M™ Color Camera and a Laser Tach. Download the PDF Overview.
Iris M™ Colour Camera
The Iris M™ Color Camera lets you capture the same amazing videos using Motion Amplification®, now available in color!
Laser Tach Hardware
The Laser Tach integration can be used to “freeze” the shaft or blade, and nonsynchronous motion can be visualized.
- Range: Optical: 5 to 200,000 RPM
- Camera Sync Range: 5 RPM – 7500 RPM at Full Frame
- Totalizer: 1-999,990
- Operating Range: 2 inches to 25 feet*, ±70°
- Power: (2) “AA” 1.5 VDC batteries (30 hours)
- Accuracy: Optical:±0.01% of reading; Contact:±0.05% of reading (rpm)
- Resolution: 0.001 to 10 RPM (range dependent)
- Environmental: Optical:±0.01% of reading; Contact:±0.05% of reading (rpm)
- Memory: Maximum, Minimum and Last reading
Key Features – V3.2 Update
See the development of this technology over time.
- Best-In-Class Digital Image Stabilization: Cutting edge image stabilization techniques have been developed and implemented to address environmental challenges such as flexible floors or mounting surfaces. Applying this post-processing technique will further enhance the stability and clarity of mp4’s.
- Phase Overlay: With the newest version of Motion Amplification® analysis software, you can now graphically display relative phase throughout the image for a specified frequency. Similar to Motion Map (available in 3.0), the new Phase Map feature allows the user to visualize relative phase as different colors across the entire image and easily see elements that are out of phase as opposite colors. This gives the user quick access to approximate phase relationships without the use of ROI’s.
- Difference Plots: Provides users the ability to determine relative motion between multiple ROI’s.
- Metrology (Ruler – Distance & Angle): Users can overlay distances and angles onto videos and document the distances between objects within an image. This feature can also determine angles between critical lines or features within an image.
- Audio Enabled Video Editing: Narration and background music can be added to Motion Studio Projects, enhancing users’ ability to tell the story and report findings within the exported mp4.
- Download the PDF Overview.
Key Features (Interview) – V2.5 Update
RDI Technologies Inc. keep pushing the Motion Amplification Technology boundaries. In this short video (5 mins), Keith Gallant CRL interviews Jeff Hay CEO of RDI Technologies on the latest key features of the v2.5 IRIS software update. If you are involved with Condition Monitoring this technology is a game changer not to be missed.
Iris M™ in the Field
Iris M™ enables a dramatic visualization of the movement. Motion Amplification™ is a proprietary video processing technique that detects subtle displacement and then converts that movement to a level visible with the naked eye.
Iris M™ enhances the understanding of the components and interrelationships creating the movement and provides a communication tool for technical and non-technical resources.
Iris M™ measures and quantifies mechanical or structural assets that a camera can see with the same accuracy as a contacting displacement sensor
Iris M™ allows you to filter your data and visualize movement at specific frequencies to find the real source of a problem and position your team to fix it.
Displacement and Frequency Measurement for the Iris M™
This software module allows you to draw regions of interest and return a time waveform and spectrum in both the horizontal and vertical directions from those locations. Also included are new features in the acquisition software that assist in making measurements designed for displacement.
Frequency Based Filtering for the Iris M™
The Iris M™, allows users to isolate individual frequencies in RDI’s Motion Amplification™ software. Combinations of filters can be applied to isolate multiple frequencies. Filtering is performed graphically by the user through a color-coded spectrum. The spectrum represents the displacement for a region of interest in the video data. Simply drag the cursor representing a filter’s cutoff frequency on the spectrum to apply the filters to any frequency.
Motion Explorer for the Iris M
This application allows you to manage all of your Motion Amplification™ data from one place. You will now be able to preview your recordings before opening them, organize your data in a hierarchical structure, and associated files such as PDFs and MP4s with your recordings.
Motion Studio for the Iris M™ System
The new Motion Studio Update gives you the ability to create more powerful videos with RDI’s Motion Amplification™ software. Add spectra and waveforms to your videos, show multiple views from a single screen, and edit your videos straight from video editor screen. Motion Studio gives you all the tools for your reports.