The Portable Handheld Vibration Shaker is a small, handy, completely self-contained vibration reference source. It is intended for rapid checking of vibration measurement, monitoring and recording systems using piezoelectric accelerometers, as well as other types of vibration transducers having a maximum weight of 250 grams.
The Model 699B02 permits accurate adjustment of measuring instrumentation to indicate a standard acceleration level of 1 g RMS or 1 g peak, adjusting the system for correct measurement. The reference signal may also be used for velocity and displacement, at 10 mms-1 RMS or 10 mms-1 peak and 10 µm RMS or 10 µm peak-to-peak respectively. To change between RMS and peak, depress the corresponding side of the rocker switch in the options cavity of the shaker.
The unit has several unique features of interest:
- Continuous Use Option Switch: In this mode, once the shaker is turned on, it does not shut off until the On/Off button is depressed a second time. The default position of this switch is Auto; the unit turns off automatically after a preset time.
- Peak/RMS Selection: If a 100 mV/g sensor is on the shaker table, and the unit is in peak mode, then the output is 100 mV/g. If the switch is set to RMS, then the output is 141 mV.
- External Power Supply: An optional DC power supply (Model 073A16) is available for power Model 699B02 handheld shaker. It operates off 85-245 VAC, 47-63 Hz input. When this power supply is plugged into the shaker, the internal batteries are automatically disconnected.
- Calibration Check Points: Calibration of the internal feedback circuit can be verified via test points (located in the options cavity). See Figure 1. The measured value in volts AC should agree with the calibration certificate. This is useful for quick field check of unit integrity, such as that which might be needed if the shaker is dropped and a reference standard is not immediately available. This test is not a guarantee of shaker function. If the data does not agree with expected values, the shaker should be checked with a calibration standard before continued use.
- Low Power Indicator: A low power indicator light is located above the On/Off switch. This light glows when the available power is marginally adequate to drive the shaker (with the mass on the shaker). This indicator does not signify erroneous data. If Model 699B02 cannot obtain 1 g at 159.2 Hz, then the unit shuts off. The low power indicator signifies an imminent inability to drive the mass on the shaker because the test sensor is too heavy, the batteries are low on power or the external power supply is inadequate.
The Portable Handheld Vibration Shaker 1g (rms or peak) at 159.2 Hz operating frequency and max 8.8 oz load capacity, “AA” battery powered or optional model 073A16 AC adaptor, includes protective carrying case.
- Maximum Load: 8.8 oz (250 gm)
Last updated: 21st February 2024