The Training Brochure contains the course options and pricing, examination eligibility, our terms and conditions, and if preferred an editable PDF Registration form. Payment options: Purchase Order, BACS and Credit Card.
A uniquely effective course
Time waveform analysis is a powerful condition monitoring tool yet it is often misunderstood and as a result, underutilized. It is an essential skill for experienced vibration analysts.
This is an onsite course (minimum 5 students).
1-2 days (depends upon the amount of hands-on time)
What is unique about this course?
You will learn the relationship between the FFT spectrum and the time waveform and how different fault conditions can be diagnosed that would be missed using only FFT spectra, such as gearbox tooth faults, bearing faults, flow related faults, impacts and rubs. You will learn how the type and severity of the fault changes the signal shape in both amplitude and frequency. You will also learn how to set up your instruments for data collection, signal processing, alarms and special tests.
The Time Waveform Analysis (TWA) class provides instruction in the use of TWA to correctly diagnose machine faults that are difficult or impossible to detect and diagnose using FFT spectrum analysis. Attendees should be experienced in the use of data collection, FFT analysis, vibration instrumentation and software. Attendees will learn in a hands-on type of class how to set up and collect the time waveform correctly, how to analyse the data and determine machine faults and severity. Attendees will also compete in teams on case histories with actual data to practice their new skills and cement the knowledge they have gained during the class.
The Mobius simulators will make complex signal processing, data acquisition and analysis topics easy to understand. You will be challenged with hands-on (and brains-on) exercises with real case history data to apply your new knowledge and build skills and confidence.
TWA Course – Candidate Profile:
- You have at least two years of vibration analysis experience
- You want to be a more capable and confident vibration analyst
- You want to become more proficient at analysing time waveform data
- You want to fully understand auto-correlation, circle plots and time synchronous averaging
- You want actual experience properly setting up and analysing time waveform data
- You want to test your knowledge through analysis and diagnosis of real machine data and faults
Time waveform and the FFT
- Signal shapes, impacts
- How faults affect the signal shape
- Modulation and beating
- Signal processing, sampling rates vs Fmax
- Samples vs LOR, practical setup
- Resolving frequencies on the time waveform
- Proper selection of sample rate, record length and amplitude units
- Fault detection and pattern recognition
- Understanding beating, modulation and distortion
Fault conditions and their waveforms:
- Gear faults, rolling element bearing faults, misalignment, looseness, lubrication, impacts, rubs, cavitation, and turbulence
Time waveform analysis
- Proper selection of amplitude units, signal distortion
- Amplitude modulation and beat frequencies
The comprehensive approach to TWA
- Using the right tools for the right job
Lab exercises to develop skills through problems and appropriate corrective action
New Brochure Request
The Training Brochure URL is updated remotely with any new updates.
To see the latest version, always refer to the link in your email.
Training Brochure 2020/21
Have you subscribed to our YouTube channel?