The Training Brochure contains the course options and pricing, examination eligibility (36 months exp.), our terms and conditions, and if preferred an editable PDF Registration form. Payment options: Purchase Order, BACS and Credit Card.
The Ultrasound CAT I Certification Training is an opportunity to work with and learn from some of the world’s most experienced ultrasound trainers and inspectors.
The 4-day course is an essential mix of theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Working from the Level 1 course guide, students are exposed to basic sound theory and how it is applied to the inspection disciplines demanded by an effective ultrasound program.
Public or Onsite (minimum 5 students)
4 days (depends upon the amount of hands-on time)
In accordance with ISO 18436-8 standard there is a mixture of classroom training and practical exercises with an optional 2-hour Certification exam.
- Understanding the principles of ultrasound as applied to predictive maintenance.
- Gaining knowledge on generic ultrasound equipment such as airborne and structure-borne sensors and their functions
- Explore data acquisition and storage options
- Analysing and trending data, utilizing time signal analysis and setting up statistical decibel alarms
- In depth study of ultrasound applications; leak detection, bearing lubrication and monitoring, steam trap and valve inspection, electrical systems analysis, hydraulic inspections and more.
- Assess equipment to determine severity priorities.
- Recommendations on implementing an ultrasound program at your facility
Conditions & Requirements
Candidates must provide evidence of a minimum of 6 months’ practical work experience in the field of ultrasound condition monitoring and diagnostics.
Candidates must also provide evidence of passing a hearing test conducted by a licensed professional, which attest that the individual is capable of hearing, a standard pure tone audiometry with results of an average of 25 dB hearing level or lower
Candidates must complete the training course, experience and hearing test requirements, and passed the certification exam with a score of 70% or more to be certified for CAT I Ultrasound Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics by MIBoC *
* Certification Exam is provided by Mobius Institute Board of Certification (MIBoC) which is ISO/IEC 17024 accredited in accordance with ISO 18436-1
- The course and exam will be delivered in English.
- Maximum attendees for this event, 8.
- In-house training is also possible for a class size of minimum 6 attendees.
- Registration of candidates requires processing by Mobius, so you are requested to confirm your booking.
New Brochure Request
The Training Brochure URL is updated remotely with any new updates.
To see the latest version, always refer to the link in your email.
Training Brochure 2020/21
Have you subscribed to our YouTube channel?