What are common types of Misalignment?
- Common misalignments are usual and can happen to machines in a variety of ways.
- Left alone misalignment can reduce the longevity of bearings, shafts, seals, and even couplings.
- Misalignment is the root cause of most machine breakdowns: bearing failures, and damaged seals, shafts, and couplings.
- It is widely believed that 50% of machine failures are due to misalignment.
- Treating the misalignment early on, whether by a soft-foot correction, dial indicator alterations or a full-fledged laser alignment, will help to prevent total machine failure.
- The basic rule of thumb is, machines that are precision aligned will function for a longer period and costs less to run.